Seda's Export Development at National Office will be participating at the 14th China international SME Fair (CISMEF), that will be taking place in China, Guangzhou from the 10th to the 13th of October 2017.
Overview of the 14th China International SME Fair
Organized by Ministry of Industry and Information Technology of the PRC, State Administration of industry and Commerce of the PRC, People's Government of Guangdong Province of the PRC, China International SME fair (short for CISMEF) is a platform for exchange and cooperation set up by Chinese government for the rapid , sound and orderly development of SMEs. Since 2004, China SME fair has become an international annual pageant for SMES in China. After nearly 3 years of innovation and development, its service is gradually perfecting and has become a platform of display, exchange, trade and cooperation for domestic and overseas SMEs. CISMEF has been offering great help for tens of thousands of SMEs in China to the world, improving the overall development of SMEs in China.
South Africa in partnership with Egypt and China will be co hosting this year's event with China and will be hosting 110 South African SMEs. Theme of the 14th CISMEF has is intelligence, Wisdom, Smart Manufacturing and Energy Conversation, Intelligent textiles and Garment, Smart Building Materials, Home Decorations Fair.
Dates: 10 - 13 October 2017
Venue: POLY World Trade Centre Expo, Guangzhou
Pavilion: South African Pavilion
- Ministry of Industry and information Technology
- State Administration for Industry & Commerce
- People's Government of Guangdong Province
- Department of Small Business Development
- Small Enterprise Development Agency
About 150,000 square meters, including an area of 50,000 square meters in PWTC Expo
Nearly 3,000 exhibitors from 31 provinces, autonomous regions, municipalities and more than 20 foreign countries of regions with an expectation of 200,000 visits.
About 50 forums, seminars, business matchmaking, promotion activities, theme workshops and trainings will be held during the event.
SME product, technology and service presentations, negotiations and transactions
China SME Summit
The Second Asia- Europe SME Financing Seminar
International exchange and cooperation between SME's (International industrial Cooperation and investment matchmaking Activity, 2017 china Makers Entrepreneurial and Innovation contest, SME information Technology
Supporting activities for specialized exhibitions
For more information visit www.cismef.com.cn
INTERESTED CLIENTS PLEASE NOTE BELOW:
Seda is applying for SSAS funding for support at the dti for participation. Attached is the application form and guidelines for the scheme covering the following:
- Exhibition costs;
- Flights and accommodation on a bed and breakfast basis on this scheme will be covered for successful applicants.
NOTE: all approved applicants will be required to participate on Seda’s Export Developmet Programme.
- Companies that have been in existence for 2 years or more;
- Have CAPACITY to service international markets;
- Have basic business skills in place; and
- Comply with all the statutory regulations (see Guidelines).
- Agro processing;
- Aerospace and Defence;
- Pharmaceuticals, Plastics, Chemicals and Cosmetics; and
- Metal Fabrication.
HOW TO APPLY:
- To apply, please fill out the attached SSAS application;
- According to the new rules from the dti, the submission of a BBBEE certificate OR an affidavit of exemption thereof is required (effective from 1 April 2016). Use the BBBEE information sheet to choose the correct affidavit form for Micro Enterprise or Small and Medium Enterprises.
- In view of the budget, only 20 companies can be accepted on the pavilion. Please note that there is a strict deadline date for submitting your application and supporting documents.
Delivery Address: Application forms and supporting documents must all be submitted in hard copies to reach us by the latest on 19th of May 2017. You can courier your package to:
Att: Ms Lebogang Maleka/ Ms Duduzile Ngubeni
1066 Burnet Street
Block A, the Fields
Contact: 012 441 1119/ 1230
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY COMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED AND CONSIDERED.