The World Trade Point Federation (WTPF) is an international non governmental non-profit organization established in 2000. It originates from the innovative trade efficiency programme initiated by UNCTAD (United Nations Conference on Trade and Development) and has as its main goal the increased participation of SME's in Global Trade.
The objectives are to:
- Encourage and increase participation of Small and Medium Enterprises in global e-tradel trade
- Provide Small and Medium Enterprises with global trade information
- Collection and dissemination of trade opportunities to members
What is the Global Trade Directory? (GTDS)
- The Global Trade Directory System (GTDS) is a comprehensive database providing registered companies with instant global visibility in 70 countries through a network of 100 Trade Point offices, allowing you the chance to penetrate new markets.
- Through the GTDS you can freely search for reliable companies to meet your purchasing needs or service requirements.
- Having registered your company onto the GTDS through a Trade Point, vouches for a sound and trustworthy trading environment.
Benefit of the GTDS
- Providing your company with International Visibility and presence on the Trade Point's website
- Cost saving on marketing and business travel
- Placing your company profile onto the Trade Point Website thus providing global visibility
- Providing your company the opportunity to place its catalogues of products and services onto the Trade Point network
- Regularly receiving direct updates of new and existing products for sale
- Registered companies have access to additional password protected areas through your own Trade Point listing, providing additional detailed information on:
- Trade Related information – important to exporting
- Market Intelligence – advantage in penetrating new markets
- Links to other value added WTPF services – added value for global trade
Contact your nearest Trade Point office to get your registration form
Trade Point South Africa
Contact Person/s: Phumzile Mauku/Andre Bulter
Physical Address: 33 Van Rensburg Street, Nelspruit
Contact Number: 013 752 2440
The Export Development Programme is one of the offerings of Seda to small enterprises. If you are an established entity and would like to grow your business and expand your market, then this programme is for you. Assistance are provided through any of Seda's branches and consists of:
- Development; and
One of our promotion support activities was the establishment in 2008 of Trade Point South Africa, whose focus is to enhance small enterprises' exposure to international markets and provide a safe trading platform.
Another promotional activity is an agreement that Seda signed with the Flanders agency, UNIZO where export-ready clients of Seda can register on the UNIZO GoNorth website to be considered for matching with Flemish companies – thereby expanding their opportunities and successes to export.