The Cooperatives and Community Public Private Partnership Programme
The Cooperatives and Community Public Private Partnership (Coops & CPPP) Programme in Seda was formed at the end of 2008 and combines the previous Sector Development and Cooperatives Programme and the revived CPPP Programme.
The Programme supports non-traditional enterprise organisational forms with a special focus on rural areas and use of local resources. By creating the Programme, Seda’s ability to satisfy the needs of rural clients is enhanced.
Coops and CPPP Programme Vision
To provide leadership in the establishment and growth of viable, sustainable cooperatives and collectively owned enterprises in various sectors and to facilitate their successful participation in the economy.
Purpose of the Coops and CPPP Unit
- Promote the establishment of cooperatives and collectively owned enterprises in partnership with other stakeholders
- Establish linkages with other government initiatives that support cooperatives and collectively owned enterprises
- Increase access by coops and collectively owned enterprises to information, business skills training and markets
- Foster a culture of cooperation among cooperative beneficiaries
The Programme’s key sectors
- Cultural Tourism
- Mining and Mineral Beneficiation
- Trading and Auxiliary Services