About the business
Isak Andrew opened his electrical services contracting and consultancy business, Andrew Peers Mega Watt cc, in November 2011. A dynamic, qualified and proactive entrepreneur, he is passionate about electricity. “I started this business when Eskom gave me an opportunity to become an Eskom Contractor after I passed their evaluations.”
The close corporation required registration and a marketing drive to sell its products and services.
Seda interventions and support
Seda used its Assessment of Company Operations (ACO) qualitative diagnostic tool to evaluate the business functions. The company needed a comprehensive marketing drive and funding to purchase equipment. As a successful SMME, the company could also help alleviate socio-economic challenges.
Funding from the Seda Technology Programme (R600k) enable the company to acquire new equipment, Seda also assisted with marketing material, including sign boards and a website to increase visibility and awareness raising (the website has since been upgraded to include social media).
Due to Seda interventions, the company:
- experienced significant growth
- increased turnover and profits by 63% within six months
- became a well-known brand among businesses and communities in the area
- increased its visibility and client base
- secured contracts with major organisations such as Eskom and some municipalities
- created employment for six additional people