About the business
Godfrey Mfeka’s passion for machinery led to a decision in 1999 to start his own equipment hire business. In 2000, he purchased a single machine for hire and in little more than 10 years, Induna Logistics and Terminals, situated in Alton, the industrial hub of Richards Bay, had grown to a fleet of over a 100 machines.
Induna Logistics & Terminals approached Seda for assistance with the development of management systems to improve business management and growth.
Seda interventions and support
Seda assessed the company using its Assessment of its Company Operations (ACO) tool. This confirmed a need to implement an ISO 9001:2008 aligned Quality Management System (QMS) and qualify for SABS certification. Seda introduced the company to consultants for assistance with the accreditation process, while Seda staff visited the company regularly to ensure that the QMS implementation ran smoothly.
Seda’s support enabled Induna Logistics & Terminals to:
- improve its business image and significantly improve business growth over a two-year period
- broaden its client base and increase the number of clients
- increase turnover from R21 million to approximately R100 million
- increase its employees from 21 to 30
- record profits of approximately R6 million.