Mr Moncho started his own Arts and Crafts company. LMB Arts and Interiors cc focuses on on fine art, training of the local community and also producing arts and crafts. He has received many invitations to exhibit at various festivals and also received awards at the Grahamstown Festival in 2008.
LMB Arts and Interiors project CC revealed,, the following challenges facing the business:
- The client was producing excellent fine arts products but this was not complimented by the level and extent of Turn-over generated. (Not servicing identified market need)
- The company also required a cash injection to be able to produce an additional range of products.
Development of a marketing plan
Development of a Bankable Business Plan to access funding.
Secured funding of R60 000 was applied as follows:
- R5000 for up-skilling existing staff.
- R25 000.00 to increase stock level for the production of different ranges.
- Staff compliment increased from 4 casual to 12 permanent.
- Average Turnover of R30 000.00 is being realized on a monthly basis
From the desk of Lesego Moncho
Through the intervention of Seda my company are able to employ community members and make a better income.