The company was facing the following challenges:
- Cash flow problems
- Not well researched marketing plan despite employment of expert skills internally
- Lack of skilled personnel in production
Solution by Seda
The following solutions were explored:
- Facilitated for securing required funding to improve the business financial position
- Developed and implemented a marketing plan for the business
- Redesigned products and increased product range
- Facilitated for the registration with the North West Craft Development Initiative (A marketing crafts agency with a National Affiliations in South Africa)
- Assisted in the recruitment of skilled personnel for production
The following successes were achieved:
- The business was able to get funding to the amount of R60 000.00 to improved production.
- The improved cash flow position translated into 5 additional permanent jobs being created.
- The eventual net effect of the business performance translated into a 20% increase in turnover.